Thread: Terrorism: What's Coming

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Humphrey View Post
    Do you consider all those who are christian to be as strong in following its precepts as yourself. I would probably guess not.
    Ron,

I have no doubt that other Christians are not as strong in the faith. I think it a fact that any faith has adherents of varying degrees of that faith. There are fervent believers, there are those who as described as being "luke warm", and there are those categorized in or by all faiths as "apostate". There are secularists and humanists in each as well.

In the same way what makes you think that everyone who is of any other faith are any more guaranteed to buy into every facet of their faith or the way it is portrayed by any given group.
    Agreed. There are many who go about their daily lives as you describe. In another thread I posted a link which described - with respect to Islam - Secularists, Moderates and Fundamentalists. I think these do apply to all faiths, not just Islam.

It is rare that any two groups with ideologically polar positions will come to agreement through anything less than attritive practice.
    Agreed. However, in the not-to-distant future I think it likely that there will be an ecumenical movement which will fold Christianity, Judaism and Islam into some sort grouping of "Abrahamic Religions" and that's where the current religious divisions will be, at least temporarily, rectified to one another. That grouping may also likely expand to encompass all major faiths or philosophies around the world. Some say it will be an ecumenical "World Religion".
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; 12-11-2007 at 05:34 PM.