Thread: CBRN & Police Response

Default CBRN & Police Response

I have a colleague whose special subject is CBRN training for the police, with a view towards high profile events and security planning. Anyone know of any studies or reviews of the police response to CBRN?

A quick Google search found too many, mainly from a commercial viewpoint and he already has the recent RAND report.

davidbfpo

Try Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program HSEEP website. Most the training information and exercise templates are open source.

HSEEP Mission Overview Briefing

The Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program is a capabilities and performance-based exercise program that provides a standardized policy, methodology, and language for designing, developing, conducting, and evaluating all exercises.

https://hseep.dhs.gov/pages/HSEEP_Home.aspx
    Last edited by sgmgrumpy; 10-02-2007 at 11:03 AM.

To save the other dopey civilians like me some time; CBRN stands for chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear.

Default Re:

Check your email.

Wowser.. I just sat through a CBRN Homeland Security briefing about five hours ago... The whole time I was thinking NBC where have you gone? The explanation to me was the high explosive response wasn't in the original acronym and somebody gets paid by the letter at DHS.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Quote Originally Posted by davidbfpo View Post
    I have a colleague whose special subject is CBRN training for the police, with a view towards high profile events and security planning. Anyone know of any studies or reviews of the police response to CBRN?

A quick Google search found too many, mainly from a commercial viewpoint and he already has the recent RAND report.

davidbfpo
    We we were trained together with LE, Border Patrol, Customs and Military CBRN folks via a combine training task force of FBI, DTRA and CSC.

In sum, a very professional course specifically aimed at high profile events such as the POTUS' and Queen of England's visits.

Default Thanks team

My colleague was impressed and spent a large part of the morning reading your replies. I will try to persaude him to copy his final report to you.

davidbfpo

Default UK strategy on CBRN

This week the UK released its first published assessment of the threat from CBRN: http://security.homeoffice.gov.uk/ne...df?view=Binary and one press response was: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-Al-Qaeda.html

Having quickly read the document there is little new about how the UK is responding, nor the actual threat - which is "hyped" up IMHO.
    davidbfpo