Thread: Israeli-Arab Wars and Palestinian Population Displacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

New to site so don't get uppitty about this

as one who served Palestine 1945/48 clear a few things first up to 1945 Arabs and Jewish people lived cheek to cheek in towns, villages all over the country (1945/46) AMERICAN JEWS started pushing Britain for survivers of camps to go to Palestine. Britain being mandatory power by act of league of nations refused this. America pushed monies into Palestinian Jews to enable this to take place All Jewish people whe survived camps to go to promised land Isreali forces did not push Arab people from lands the arab people choose to go fallowing their leaders advice. Think you will find that most Jewish Settlements were built to protect the main targets. Never has Isreali's forces attacked a Arab village unless in self defence. I know a lot of books has been written concerning this conflict, ( BUT ) i think you will find these books were written by people who were not born at said time. Also you will find that a Jewish Brigade that was armed in 1940 by Britain and fought with British army in western desert and Italy, who were posted back to Eygpt in 1946 deserted taking all, weapons vehicles to Palestine to form frame work of Isreali forces

FOR TRUE STORY find the book ( FORGOTTEN CONSCRIPTS ) by Eric Lowe
    Last edited by serviceman; 11-28-2009 at 02:02 PM. Reason: a few ....

Serviceman,

A warning and a welcome:

Warning: don't start by telling everyone to not get uppity. You are not the only one with an opinion on the Middle East in general or the Arab-Israeli issue specifically. Moreover you are not the only one with time on the ground so I recommend that you follow your own advice and avoid confusing opinion with fact.

Welcome. Recommend you introduce yourself

Tom

The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Quote Originally Posted by serviceman View Post
    Think a lot of trouble in Isreali is caused by out side interference
    Serviceman,

I live in Israel. My current family spans those held in British prisons, as Jewish Terrorists, to those British Arabists who opposed the creation of the modern state of Israel - so please don't assume you have some superior knowledge of the issues. It ain't true and it doesn't help.

While I agree with some of your observations, you're being a bit too black and white. For example, Beit-Shean valley was pretty cleared "pre-emptively" as opposed to true "self-defence." - and you can run out breath arguing about Deir-Yassin, and a few other forgotten villages.

They have three versions of history here in Israel. "Ours, yours and theirs."
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition

Council Member

Default Isreal

Sir may i ask your age in this matter i was there when Isreali was born in May 1948 I admire what the Jewish people did with (as you may say a desert) The Jewish people were getting their homeland as early as 1946, they were not prepared to wait terrorist get nothing or were they trying to grab all British bases intact and why did a peace keeping force have to suffer so many casualities. May i also ask you to visit the cemeteries at Khayat Beach and Remlech. As i say i admired what the Jewish people did before and after 1945/48, but the three years between sticks with me. all these people from America,Britain who do all the shouting about the Arab people getting pushed out of here and there are not helping things
    Last edited by serviceman; 11-28-2009 at 03:11 PM. Reason: add

Council Member

As you say about some General stateing there job in Malaya. that was not the British armies job in Isreal, mistakes were made on both sides. The troops there were curtailed in actions, retaliate if ???

The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Quote Originally Posted by serviceman View Post
    Sir may i ask your age in this matter
    I'm a pretty good looking 46.
    The Jewish people were getting their homeland as early as 1946,
    I think Moses would quibble with that and negotiations with the British Government began as early as 1923.
    May i also ask you to visit the cemeteries at Khayat Beach and Remlech.
    I've visited the one in Haifa, and I know the one in Ramleh.
    all these people from America,Britain who do all the shouting about the Arab people getting pushed out of here and there are not helping things.
    If you are telling me that ignorance of the roots of the Arab-Israeli conflict is an extremely sever problem, then I can agree, but some people did get pushed out, ( Lod and Haifa for example ) and a far greater number left of their own accord. A great many stayed. I can see Arab villages from where I write this.
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition

Default are you israeli or do you just live there?

Hello

Are you Israeli or do you just live in Israel for professional or ideological reasons? I get the feeling that you weren't born in Israel or Jewish, but have adopted zionist theories and ideologies throughout your life? would this be correct?

Not that it makes much difference, it's just that you say that your current family ... ranges from Jewish terrorists to Brit Arabists...which is a tad out of the ordinary.

It is refreshing to hear your views from someone who was not born into them, as I believe.

rini e.

Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
    Serviceman,

I live in Israel. My current family spans those held in British prisons, as Jewish Terrorists, to those British Arabists who opposed the creation of the modern state of Israel - so please don't assume you have some superior knowledge of the issues. It ain't true and it doesn't help.

While I agree with some of your observations, you're being a bit too black and white. For example, Beit-Shean valley was pretty cleared "pre-emptively" as opposed to true "self-defence." - and you can run out breath arguing about Deir-Yassin, and a few other forgotten villages.

They have three versions of history here in Israel. "Ours, yours and theirs."

Council Member

Default rini,

please introduce yourself before asking Wilf to post his family history - and be prepared to supply your own.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by jmm99 View Post
    please introduce yourself before asking Wilf to post his family history - and be prepared to supply your own.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
    To echo what Mike said, you can introduce yourself here

Thanks

Tom

Council Member

rini., I am a Scotsman who served his country in Palestine before end of the mandate in 1948, my family are not military and never served at any time in armed forces. Left that country in June 1948 for good. I have never adopted any theories, i was there to do a job and did it. that was to move stores from same
    Last edited by serviceman; 11-30-2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: correction

Aren't we missing the point? History is of course important but the here and now is what needs to be resolved.