Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Army to transform IRR

Quote Originally Posted by Happyshooter View Post
    Yep. I got two army achievements for staying awake on shift and arresting drunks when they would swerve all over the road in front of me. Then there were the weird awards for showing up for drill for two years or one for just going to germany on a call up.
    Unearned medals might be what Col. Hackworth complained about in Korea with Bronze Stars that did not accompany a Purple Heart, for a 5-minute trip to the front bunker.

Achievement or Longevity/Good Conduct Medals where 98% was showing up on-time, sober, and in-uniform might seem like not much to you, but in the big scheme of things it's HUGE. Lots of people can't do it. They say they will/can, but don't.

Some figure out how after a few LOR's, and some need NJP or a separation to get right. Or, they keep drinking and never do.

You earned those ribbons with missed parties, a good sense of responsibility, and a few backup alarm clocks. Wear 'em!

Cheers.

PS: When I enlisted IRR was INACTIVE READY RESERVE. Beards and dope inactive, as far as I could tell. Recruiter claimed it was only in case of CONUS invasion.
    Last edited by USAF QOL Addict; 05-22-2008 at 08:16 PM.

Council Member

Best. Forum Nick. Ever.
    He cloaked himself in a veil of impenetrable terminology.