Thread: Blogger Mapper

Council Member

Default Blogger Mapper

Blogger Mapper

Generate animated clickable maps of connected blogs from Blogger . Simply enter the URL of a blog website to start mapping.

Head to the home page, and you'll find a bunch of other interesting little tools, like Searching Images Using Pictures, a MySpace Friends Mapper, a Website Mapper, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post
    Blogger Mapper

Generate animated clickable maps of connected blogs from Blogger . Simply enter the URL of a blog website to start mapping.

Head to the home page, and you'll find a bunch of other interesting little tools, like Searching Images Using Pictures, a MySpace Friends Mapper, a Website Mapper, etc.
    I don't quite know what to make of that, but I think I just had an acid flashback.

That was most cool I plugged in the SWJ blog and got this - if it still holds. Made for an interesting look at relationships.

I can see some utility in this - if you are looking to establish and analyze web relationships - I wonder how it'd work on may space or face book? I think you need to be careful analyzing them though - you could infer the wrong strengths and focus.

It would also make for a way to discuss network analysis - since it builds in real time and shows which blogs have multiple links - then you can click in on the various blog nodes and build new models.

Very cool - Best, Rob

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thornton
    ....I can see some utility in this - if you are looking to establish and analyze web relationships - I wonder how it'd work on may space or face book? I think you need to be careful analyzing them though - you could infer the wrong strengths and focus.
    Here's another interesting visualization tool, built along similar lines: TouchGraph

This one does have a Facebook browser feature.

The Google browser works with either keywords or URLs. I found tracing website linkages using the URL feature to be quite entertaining.

Default I wish I could run multiple urls...

... as some sites link to the SWJ Home page, some to the blog and yet others to the Council.