Tom posted: Remember the 101st went quickly after the 82d.
You are of course correct (when are you not?). My memory is not what it used to be and I forgot about this 'reinforcement'. Thank you for your point about the AT munitions shortage.

Tom Posted From Certain Victory written by yours truly
I hope you get royalties, for I bought a copy to read in late May (unfortunately, I have not had time to read it yet, due to moving continents and other work commitments).

Tom Posted: Where the 82d speed bump thing really made me sweat was when I learned that the AF planners had a gleem in their eye to "take down" Iraq without putting airpower against those divisions.
I have not run across this (yet), so thank you for this insight.

Tom posted: The too light to fight too fat to fly also came into play for Restore Hope. We went light when those of us who had been in Somalia said send an ACR.
Very interesting, for I was not aware that this 'problem' was an issue in Restore Hope (but then I was not looking for it). So, again, my sincere thanks (in spite of it meaning more research! ). May I ask if you know whether this issue appeared in any of the post-op 'lessons learned' for the operation?

Thanks!