Thread: Chaotic Dynamics: A Novel Approach to Intelligence Analysis in Asymmetric Warfare

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hanley View Post
    Hell, I'm 4 handshakes from bin Laden myself.
    Brian,

You should seriously think about joining the CIA

You post some interesting thoughts yet weave comments like the above into your posts.....your back ground in biology...please help me connect the dots.

What exactly is your intend / end state in this forum?

Default Intentions

My intentions are to have conversations with intelligent people and perhaps help some to be more effective. In my current incarnation I am in graduate school in microbiology. You may or may not be aware that college campuses are not places where such discussions can occur in a useful fashion very easily in most cases.

My reasons for selecting my current graduate study area is biological warfare, which is something that Al Qaeda has said they want to acquire.

I suspect that my thoughts and comments will make people think. I tell it like I see it and call things as I see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Hanley View Post
    My reasons for selecting my current graduate study area is biological warfare, which is something that Al Qaeda has said they want to acquire.
    You post that you're four handshakes away from bin Laden.

Why?

Default 4 handhakes

Quote Originally Posted by nichols View Post
    You post that you're four handshakes away from bin Laden. Why?
    Sorry to be opaque there, or appear a bit dense. My intent was to signal how one can network by just getting out in the field and doing it. The context was to support what I was saying to JeffC about how nothing can replace that experience. I gave it as an example of the potential value of getting out there and mixing it up.

If someone wants to try to make some practical use of that info, they can write me and I can dig up the contact info that was 2 handshakes away from OBL. For the record, those parties are in Almaty. They are friends of a family there that I had a connection with through a relative. The friends of the family were reliably reported to have worked directly with bin Laden for a time in Afghanistan. So it's a cold lead now, but so is everything. At the time it was reported as fairly warm.