I'm doing a little independent research on Military Transition Teams in Iraq and I was curious about a few things related to the makeup of a typical MTT. I've managed to find a few reliable sources, but I could probably use some help.

I understand that MTTs vary in size and capability, and are frequently augmented, but is there a typical base structure for a MTT? If so, what is it? Are team members broken up into areas of specialization when training indigenous forces? Do team members primarily function as S-1/S-2/S-3, etc., or are those supplementary billets in addition to their roles as advisors? What are typical ways in which MTTs are augmented by outside personnel?

Also, how is an officer or NCO selected for a MTT? Are they nominated and screened, interviewed, etc.? Are they hand-picked? Do these selections occur at the battalion/regiment/division level?

(My brother's ANGLICO team augmented a USMC MTT in Anbar in 2006, but since he's back in Anbar at the moment and doesn't have reliable internet access, I can't really ask him. Plus, as I said, he was not as much a part of the MTT as he was attached to it to provide them with CAS.)

In addition to personal experience and knowledge, any websites or blogs you can point me to, any manuals or other sources, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!