Thread: Military Transition Teams (MTTs) in Iraq

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

There hasn't been a problem with that on my team. Our comm chief is from the wing and our motor T chief has never deployed to combat, but they are both very competent and we have no complaints. Rather, the problem is 03xx types, officer and enlisted, who cannot convert from the "Kill people, Break stuff" mentality to the "advise, mentor, and train" mentality. We still have a few that think they are going over there to be Rambo Ricky Recon. Keep in mind this is based strictly on my team and the three other teams we've been going through the PTP training with.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
    There hasn't been a problem with that on my team. Our comm chief is from the wing and our motor T chief has never deployed to combat, but they are both very competent and we have no complaints. Rather, the problem is 03xx types, officer and enlisted, who cannot convert from the "Kill people, Break stuff" mentality to the "advise, mentor, and train" mentality. We still have a few that think they are going over there to be Rambo Ricky Recon. Keep in mind this is based strictly on my team and the three other teams we've been going through the PTP training with.
    Excellent observation. I have found this to be true also.