Thread: Band of Bloggers

Default Band of Bloggers

Explore the impact of blogging as a new medium for immediate and raw information. In the midst of modern day combat examine the unfiltered and raw evolution of military blogs and bloggers. Listen as soldiers who during their recent Iraq deployments reflect on the important connection they had with their blogging and how the band of military bloggers has revolutionized the way we understand combat. Experience firsthand, unfiltered accounts of the pain, the hardship, and even the simple beauty found in Iraq; stories that often go unseen in the media's coverage of the war.

http://www.history.com/shows.do?acti...isodeId=251269

Friday, November 09
    08:00 PM

Saturday, November 10
    12:00 AM

Monday, November 12
    12:00 PM

Monday, November 12
    06:00 PM

Default Thanks for the links...

Much appreciated CN4, I plan to watch.

Is that 8PM central, eastern, mountain. GMT?
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Default Eastern...

... according to the web page schedule - but you have to dig a bit to get that info.

Watching it now... Wowser.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

"What have you done for your country today", pretty powerful in context.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog

Council Member

not for unisexers and those with shriveled gonads trying to get in touch with their feminine side. All I know is there are a hell of alot of young men who wouldn't turn their backs on it or walk away from enlistment believing they couldn't put it all on the line for their bros. It won't hurt enlistment rates thats for sure. I enjoyed the goofing off segments and the rest of it made me tense

Kind of puts things into perspective. These are a group of highly motivated, incredibly intelligent, caring, and intellectual soldiers who have found a way to communicate ideas and emotions with vigor and honesty. I was impressed by their professionalism and consideration for creating dialog and protecting their buddies and OPSEC.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog

Default Good Intro For Those Who Don't Read Milblogs

Watched it, enjoyed it, didn't learn much new, but I DO read milblogs. No heartburn with anything any of them said, just an observation that most of the narrators were in Iraq some time ago. If anything, access to the internet has improved for those with a hooch inside the wire. Lots of satellite dishes in the LSA's when I left.

The following had segments on the program:

Paul Rieckhoff is the author of Chasing Ghosts and Huffington Post contributor and founder of Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America

Edouard H. R. Gluck from what I can figure out is a photographer who became a soldier. went to Iraq and now is back and out of the Army.

Chris Missick milblogged at A Line In The Sand

Rusten D. Currie milblogged at Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Sean Dustman was the only narrator who is still on active duty and still milblogging

Colby Buzzell turned his blog into a civilian career. His Men In Black is what interested me in milblogging.

Kate Hoit was a photographer and staff writer for the Anaconda Times at Balad

Default Found Kate's Blog

It's called over and out