The economy of the world has moved from soley industrial to information based. I've been thinking that fourth generation warfare is about information and not insurgency. Cyber infrastructures and economics are intrinsically linked. Need proof look up the Chicago Board of Trade Outage and some the costs that may have initiated. By the way that was a Y2K outage for those who didn't know. I'm no economic scholar but I remember the Dot Bomb and that was based on what? An idea? Well funded companies? I've read articles in the same paper saying dollar diving bad, and dollar diving good. The United States doesn't have the vast manufacturing that would seem to be tied to a diving dollar and benefitting. One interesting tidbit is that this devaluation will make the United States more competitive in closed economies and protectionist environments. But, who gets rich with that?

At to Tom Clancy and his discussion of an attack on the dollar isnt' that based on stuff that happened in the 70's repackaged?