Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
If one was to make an argument that a Supreme Being that has ultimate authority has the right to kill innocent children if he so desires, then I concur. But I take issue with the idea of such a Deity being “good”, “benevolent” or “loving.” Such a deity has a death fetish, He is petty, and deserving of not worship, but contempt.
I'm going to continue the tradition of glossing over. I don't know the answer to this. The closest I get is because He's God, so there must be some reason for it that we don't understand and may never understand. It probably relates somehow to "the wages of sin is death", but, other than that,I don't pretend to know or pretend to have an explanation. I just do the best I can to obey the commands love God and love your neighbor which is what Jesus said it all boils down to and it's where we're at now...yes, Marc, I played the NT card. Now could someone let Israel know this?
This is part of my whole gripe with Christians calling Islam evil and saying their text condones genocide and suicide bombing. I just point to these verses in the Bible and ask them to explain the difference.

When I get a real answer, I'll let y'all know.