Thread: A Cyberwarfare Sub-forum?

Banned

Default A Cyberwarfare Sub-forum?

Since Cyberspace has been designated a warfighting domain, and since Cyberwarfare is getting a lot of attention at the Air Force Research Lab, as well as at various academic centers around the country, how about establishing a sub-forum where those of us who are interested can discuss it?

We had much of that in mind with the Media & Information Warriors forum. For now, please use that forum.

I realize that is broader than your specific focus. It is eminently possible to sub-divide forums down, but at some point they become chat rooms with crickets chirping in them rather than forums. We need to balance.

If traffic patterns develop to the point where there are ample participants in the discussions you envision, we can carve off to a tailored forum that better supports.

If there's more to it, or some artful nuances I'm missing, let us know here or by PM. We are most definitely willing to evolve to meet members' needs.

Default re:

You might be interested in the International High Technology Crime Investigation Association. The meetings are relatively close by at the Edmonds Community College. They sponsor a lot of great training at relatively low costs.

Default another thought...

Blackhat.com also has some interesting training on their website that I keep finding myself going to that is free of charge.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bismark17 View Post
    You might be interested in the International High Technology Crime Investigation Association. The meetings are relatively close by at the Edmonds Community College. They sponsor a lot of great training at relatively low costs.
    Interesting! Edmonds is just a ferry ride away from me. I'll check it out. Are you a member?

JeffC would you mind running downtown to the bakery and getting some donuts? I haven't been downtown Poulsbo in a long time.

DHS is getting ready to roll out a lot of new training in January on cyber security and cyber infrastructure protection. National White Collar Crime Center, UTSA, East Tennessee and a bunch of others have some pretty neato training coming online. And if you are in a state, county, or local government they come to you for free.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    JeffC would you mind running downtown to the bakery and getting some donuts? I haven't been downtown Poulsbo in a long time.
    And that bakery is still there!

DHS is getting ready to roll out a lot of new training in January on cyber security and cyber infrastructure protection. National White Collar Crime Center, UTSA, East Tennessee and a bunch of others have some pretty neato training coming online. And if you are in a state, county, or local government they come to you for free.
    I'm in the private sector, but I keep an eye on the Fusion Centers and the handful of DHS Centers of Excellence, like the one at USC.

I'm affiliated with CERIAS (sort of) and the Homeland Security Institute at Purdue.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    I'm affiliated with CERIAS (sort of) and the Homeland Security Institute at Purdue.
    I just read your bio at your blog, Sam. That's quite a winding road, almost as eclectic as my own. Hopefully, in 2 or 3 months, I'll be able to share a little more about what my company does. Right now, we're being considered for an investment by a major defense contractor and/or In-Q-Tel, so fingers crossed.