Iraqi Jews constitute one of the world's oldest and historically significant Jewish communities. It was to Babylon that the Jews were exiled around 600 BCE. The descendants of these exiles ensured that Babylonia became the most important Jewish community after the Roman destruction of Jerusalem. With the rule of the Ottoman Empire, the life of Iraqi Jews improved, though the community never regained its former importance. Iraqi Jews played an important role in the early days of the country's independence, but the Iraqi Jewish community, numbered at around 120,000 in 1948, almost entirely left the country in the wake of increased persecution, most of them repatriated to the new state of Israel. Today, fewer than 100 Jews remain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...e_Jews_in_Iraq

Most of the 10,000 Jews remaining after Operation Ezra and Nehemiah stayed through the Abdul Karim Qassim era when conditions improved
I wish Iraq will regain again one of its' historical communities. I hear that some of the Jewish prophets are buried in Iraq (tell me please if i'm wrong).

If the security situation keeps improving Jews from Israel should be allowed to visit them for pilgrimage - God willing.

Baghdad to Tel Aviv anyone..