Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Questions: Do You Write An Intelligence Blog and What's Your Favorite?

Banned

Default 2 Questions: Do You Write An Intelligence Blog and What's Your Favorite?

If you write an IB blog, what is it? What's your favorite Intelligence-oriented blog or newsletter? I write IntelFusion, and enjoy reading The Spy Who Billed Me, Haft of the Spear, ThreatsWatch, and while its not a blog, NightWatch (John McCreary's newsletter).

Quote Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
    If you write an IB blog, what is it? What's your favorite Intelligence-oriented blog or newsletter? I write IntelFusion, and enjoy reading The Spy Who Billed Me, Haft of the Spear, ThreatsWatch, and while its not a blog, NightWatch (John McCreary's newsletter).
    I write a blog but no one ever associates the word "intelligence" with it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMetz View Post
    I write a blog but no one ever associates the word "intelligence" with it.
    Ah, so it's a "covert" blog then. Very good!

Ah, so it's a "covert" blog then. Very good!
    No, it's just dumb.

Default You're being a little hard on yourself

No, it's just dumb.
    Steve, I've been by several times and most give me a double take. It's not covert or at all dumb.

I'm currently scanning your latest while on evening shifts

No, it's just dumb.
    if yours is dumb mine is dumber....? But I do have a few cool things on it.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Council Member

I do not consider ThreatsWatch to be an "intelligence" blog - although I keep up with it, I consider it a poor second to Bill Roggio's The Long War Journal. Pat Lang's Sic Semper Tyrannis isn't bad, but still not truly "intelligence-oriented".

And although The Spy Who Billed Med and Haft of the Spear may be considered "intelligence-oriented", they aren't as much "intelligence" blogs as is Kent's Imperative, which I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    if yours is dumb mine is dumber....? But I do have a few cool things on it.
    Sam, you've once again cheated by adding biker pics and chicks

BTW, I applied for an account at your place in order to respond to you posts, and have yet to hear back Was that in effect a subliminal message

Regards, Stan

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stan
    ....you've once again cheated by adding biker pics and chicks....
    .....for a decent blog discussing issues similar/related to what we talk about here and on the SWJ blog - but that throws in a completely unrelated picture of a naked woman (or women) with each entry - look at Swedish Meatballs Confidential.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedburgh View Post
    .....for a decent blog discussing issues similar/related to what we talk about here and on the SWJ blog - but that throws in a completely unrelated picture of a naked woman (or women) with each entry - look at Swedish Meatballs Confidential.
    OMG! I just looked at the most recent entry there. Sheila Jager, who works for me, would NOT appreciate the picture accompanying the entry.

Default Whoa Nellie....Thanks, Ted !

I barely made it to Tuesday, November 06, 2007

From a new article by Robert N. Charette in IEEE Spectrum, Open-Source Warfare:

To understand open-source warfare, it's instructive to revisit Eric S. Raymond's 1997 manifesto, The Cathedral and the Bazaar, in which he describes how a large community of open-source software hackers created the operating system Linux.
    Such visual aides in an otherwise training environment are...well...hmmm

Banned

Ha ha! Interesting dichotomy. I just subscribed!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Steve, I've been by several times and most give me a double take. It's not covert or at all dumb.

I'm currently scanning your latest while on evening shifts
    I see Steve's book but not his blog. What's the URL?

Banned

I do not consider ThreatsWatch to be an "intelligence" blog - although I keep up with it, I consider it a poor second to Bill Roggio's The Long War Journal. Pat Lang's Sic Semper Tyrannis isn't bad, but still not truly "intelligence-oriented".

And although The Spy Who Billed Med and Haft of the Spear may be considered "intelligence-oriented", they aren't as much "intelligence" blogs as is Kent's Imperative, which I prefer.
    Wow, Kent's Imperative is in a class of its own. There's no author info. What are his credentials, do you know?

That's okay, A hat-tip to Stan for linking Steve's book. Very helpful to us newbies to this site.

P.S. To Steve, I just read it, great insight!

Quote Originally Posted by Stan View Post
    Sam, you've once again cheated by adding biker pics and chicks

BTW, I applied for an account at your place in order to respond to you posts, and have yet to hear back Was that in effect a subliminal message

Regards, Stan

Dang Stan you were ok to post with day 1.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    Dang Stan you were ok to post with day 1.
    Well (in your defense), I applied under another 'call sign' in keeping with the traditions of Secret Squirrel

I'll give it another shot in the AM (on duty and beat).

Default Blog I enjoy

Intel Dump is not just strictly intel but a good read >> http://www.intel-dump.com/

Default Swap

Interesting thread - and thanks for all mention (SMC), both favorable and less so. An interesting offshoot to this thread might be crappy self-proclaimed IBs.

OMG! I just looked at the most recent entry there. Sheila Jager, who works for me, would NOT appreciate the picture accompanying the entry.
    We'd love to pull a dissonance dissipating pic-SWAP at SMC for that particular post if a decent surrogate pic can be suggestedby other. Just remember, vice is a slippery slope so be ye careful with thoust placating suggestions unto us.

Several of our/my fav IB's have already been mentioned here. Off the beaten path, and perhaps not quite a blog, is SAAG

Greetings, M1 !

Quote Originally Posted by M1 View Post
    Interesting thread - and thanks for all mention (SMC), both favorable and less so. An interesting offshoot to this thread might be crappy self-proclaimed IBs.

We'd love to pull a dissonance dissipating pic-SWAP at SMC for that particular post if a decent surrogate pic can be suggestedby other. Just remember, vice is a slippery slope so be ye careful with thoust placating suggestions unto us.

Several of our/my fav IB's have already been mentioned here. Off the beaten path, and perhaps not quite a blog, is SAAG
    Although I'm just across the 'pond' I had yet to notice your site (Ted typically finds folks like you much faster ).

If you make to Estonia we'll have to get together and sample beers and discuss new pics for you site

Welcome aboard and regards, Stan