Thread: China's Emergence as a Superpower (till 2014)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member

Quote:
    I’ve just talked with American Ambassador to Vietnam David Shear. When I asked him about the difference between Asian and Western people, he said that instead of difference in lifestyle and thought, there are still common things very deep inside for the two to talk about. He added that if the two sides want to understand each other and try to do that, they would surely understand. Do you agree?

Simply, the American like Gin, the British like Whisky, the French like Cognac while the Vietnamese like rice wine.

They are different but they are all alcohol and everyone likes drinking alcohol.

The common value is general but the character is different.
    Absolutely on the ball!

Freedom and Territorial Integrity and Sovereignty is the same for all!

Bullies and expansionists have to be kept at bay!

In storm weather - Ukku ukku - any port will do! Nothing wrong in siding with the US. They are not lepers in geopolitics of today, or are they? Let the Chinese fans answer that.

The Chinese fans, supporters, agents and converts can spew any pious platitudes and homilies what they want in the true Chinese style of piety, but survival has a different language that can see through the pious chicanery and hegemonic desires!

The situation can be summed up with what Patrick Henry had said - "Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!"

And what the Sikhs would cry -Wah Guru de Khalsa, Wah Guru de Fateh!
    Last edited by Ray; 05-07-2012 at 07:42 AM.

Council Member Backwards Observer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    The Chinese fans, supporters, agents and converts can spew any pious platitudes and homilies what they want in the true Chinese style of piety, but survival has a different language that can see through the pious chicanery and hegemonic desires!

The situation can be summed up with what Patrick Henry had said - "Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!"

And what the Sikhs would cry -Wah Guru de Khalsa, Wah Guru de Fateh!
    I stand corrected.

Council Member

Interesting that Shanmugan and his Chinese head allows two US naval warship to berth permanently in Singapore!

Council Member Backwards Observer's Avatar

Default strange bedfellows

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Interesting that Shanmugan and his Chinese head allows two US naval warship to berth permanently in Singapore!
    Is this of the same level of interest indicated by China's status as India's largest trading partner or of a different sort, given that Singapore is predominantly, well...you know...Chinese?

India and China set $100bn trade target by 2015. - BBC - December 16, 2010.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Backwards Observer View Post
    Is this of the same level of interest indicated by China's status as India's largest trading partner or of a different sort, given that Singapore is predominantly, well...you know...Chinese?

India and China set $100bn trade target by 2015. - BBC - December 16, 2010.
    Trade will continue.

But thwarting hegemony is another issue!

Have you not read how China is furious that India is arming itself to include adding two division on the border, apart from US 155mm Light Howitzers?
    Last edited by Ray; 05-07-2012 at 08:41 AM.