"I realize that it has been difficult, at times, for you to back us up in the Formosa question and, for this reason, I want to give you a very brief account of our general attitude toward the various factors that have dictated the course we have taken. You understand, of course, that we have certain groups that are violent in their efforts to get us to take a much stronger, even a truculent position." - Dwight D. Eisenhower, Feb 1955.
One nagging hindrance to the Administration's Far Eastern policy is the impression, widespread among the free world's leaders and opinion-shapers, that Nationalist China's Chiang Kai-shek is fanatically bent on invading the mainland at whatever cost, even nuclear world war. In an effort to correct that impression, Dulles got from Chiang a formal declaration renouncing force as the "principal means" of liberating the mainland Chinese. - Time, Nov 1958.
I think there may be enough evidence here to make a case that Eisenhower was a communist sympathiser and John Foster Dulles was in reality a 'peace' hog swilling at the trough of appeasement. I could be wrong, however.