Thread: Annapolis and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The State of Partachia, at the eastern end of the Mediterranean

Quote Originally Posted by Air-On View Post
    All the above notwithstanding, I remind you all about the outcome of last weeks fatah's convention. That may be all due to internal politics, and the facts on the ground may also be as promising as General Dayton reports, but you will all agree that "them's fighting words", won't you?
    ...and when will that not be the case? Palestinians and Arab regimes are always big on fiery rhetoric, which is why their actions are far more important than their words.
    All the Palestinian politics is defined by their struggle. They can't give up the image that easily, without paving the way for the real lunatics and looking like "sell outs."

Something 95% of the "white folks" seem to completely miss (exceptions being the very few guys like Rex) is that creating two states is and almost always has been far from impossible. The basics of any near future agreement will look very like what was proposed to the Jordanians, as far back as 1971. The real problem is grounding the new Palestinian state in some form of internal political stability, so as it does not instantaneously become a failed state like Gaza actually is.
    Infinity Journal "I don't care if this works in practice. I want to see it work in theory!"

- The job of the British Army out here is to kill or capture Communist Terrorists in Malaya.
    - If we can double the ratio of kills per contact, we will soon put an end to the shooting in Malaya.
    Sir Gerald Templer, foreword to the "Conduct of Anti-Terrorist Operations in Malaya," 1958 Edition

Council Member

Default Not to beat a dead horse,

or Ms Glick too much, but IPF ran Yediot Acharonoth's profile on LTG Dayton (the 22 May link in my prior post). The last paragraph in that quote from YA does read (which is a comment by the journalist, not LTG Dayton):

Israel can no longer continue to exist in a state of multiple personalities. Either it flows with the American policy that leads to a Palestinian state, or it ceases cooperation with Dayton. You can't have it both ways. This is the perfect example of lack of any planning on the part of the prime minister or those surrounding him. If you don't want to go with the American flow, and their regional policy is unsuited for you, why wait for the battalions to form into an army which will eventually turn its weapons against you?
    It is entirely possible that other parts of the YA article (or a comment to it) contained the "Judea-Samaria 2-year" language as an expansion on this last sentence by the journalist.

My point was that I could not find language by LTG Dayton to that effect.

Glad to see you are in the middle.