Quote Originally Posted by JMA View Post
It started with the introduction of females and as they expanded across the military so did sexual tension levels, pregnancy rates and very sadly sexual molestation and rape incidence. The military handled the introduction of women badly (remember Tailhook) and the precedent is now set for gays.

In most armies there is much consensual heterosexual sex going on and now there is no way to prevent similar levels of openly gay sex.

It is the sexual tension that will build in these all male environments that threaten moral and operational function and not the mere presence of females or gays in the military.

As I stated earlier in this DADT discussion standby for the first gay version of Tailhook '91. This is not good for the military.
This is not about sex. I don't care if you are gay or not (you in general). That is between you and GOD. If I am asked by a homosexual how I feel, they will hear, however I will not "go after" them.
There are real issues that need to be addressed. As some have stated, just because there are no reported issues with people in their military being openly gay, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So if country "A" says we don't allow openly homosexual people in our country we the U.S. government is going to say "too bad" we are going to do what we want? Or will others have to deploy because we can't send openly gay service members? or we ask those who are openly gay to conceal it again?
If a heterosexual male is in the bathroom or in open showers then its ok since their physical make up is male or female, even though they are gay heterosexuals must accept them? Really? How is that not an infringement on their rights? You see now that a male is openly gay I don't want him in the bathroom with me, because I see him as a WOMEN now, since that his sexual orientation is tilted to now, so why would they be in a male bathroom?
The main basis of the argument is, as stated above is the continuing social experiment the military is subjected to. That is divisive and will continue to erode unit effectiveness.