My two cents worth or actually more of observations really, As Tom says you'll lose your career (apologies for paraphrasing), while in theater thay hound us to take meds or go to talk to someone because as they put it, we're outside the wire all the time and it has to be stressful, DUH! I had a pretty good idea of what to expect when i signed up, I felt that we were adequately trained to deal with whatever was thrown our way if I felt it were an issue I would go see someone. Upon return I was required to take a quiz based on time outside the wire, actions seen and levels of personal danger, based on the results I was told by the individual that administered it that I had PTSD and needed to go to counseling, not something that i felt was necessary nor warranted. While using the VA medical system for other reasons I continually heard from just about every doc that i should enroll in the PTSD study, after speaking to a VA case manager I was told that, (paraphrased) The VA has recieved a grant for the study of PTSD/MTBI, but in order to continue funding they have to have over 90% of returning vets enter into the program, whether or not they stay in the program was not of consequence. Personally I find that if the VA wants to study this and they have funds great! but not at the cost to my career. While we are being continually told that mental health issues are no longer the death knoll for Intel personnel, the reality is service members that do take part or admit to problems, find themselves in a not so favorable light. Regardless of what the rules say the mindset does not change overnight. Well i may have rambled on a bit there so I apologize now.