Quote Originally Posted by RTK View Post
Fundamentals are fundamental for a reason. The problem is that we've lost focus of what our fundamentals are. Some go overboard into the TTP realm and miss the boat in terms of the ground basics that formulate the ability to be flexible in a given environment.

As I've told LTC Gentile before, we've made a concerted effort to attempt to stay balanced at the Armor Center. About a third of the culmination FTX missions are COIN based, with about a third HIC and a third a good mix between the two.

Baseline tactics, once understood, can be applied a number of different ways. So long as we focus on teaching entry level Soldiers and Officers the basics of tactics in the form of shoot, move, and communicate we're doing our job. Everything after that is an adaptation of the fundamental principles that guide what we do.

I agree that we've lost focus of the governing doctrine in our neverending quest to look towards the campfire and see what's right in front of our face. The problem is that we often neglect to see the forest fire around us.
Speaking of the armor center, anything you can tell me (PM perhaps) about MG Williams since he's going to be our new boss?