Thread: The Israeli Option in Strategy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Odom View Post
    Sean try not climbing on the bully pulpit with phrases like "Snow ball in Hell" and "We the People".
    Tom,

I did not say "Snowball in Hell". JJackson did. I said "snowballs chance" --meaning that a snowball has as much longterm viability in spring in summer on earth as they would have in that other place. But as you note, I was expressing my opinion and am entitled to use any common phraseology I deem necessary to make my point clear.

To be clear, I also used the phrase "We The People" as an American citizen with respect to both JJackson as a citizen of the UK and the significant majority of American public opinion I was referencing.

Similiarly, do not assign or imply "pro" labels to others. What you label yourself is your business; what you label others on here is moderator business.
    I agree. As has occurred elsewhere on this forum, I did not see a problem in noting how another labeled himself in the context of his comments. It appeared to my comprehension that JJ was making manifest an anti-Zionist versus pro-Palestinian opinion. It was nothing personal, just an observation on the point-of-origin of the comment made. I'll be more careful in this regard.
    Last edited by Sean Osborne; 12-15-2007 at 03:52 PM.