Quote Originally Posted by JeffC View Post
If the poster isn't genuine, meaning he is pretending to be something that he's not, it isn't an attack, Ken. I simply don't believe that this poster is real, and I'm saying it as simply and directly as I know how. If calling the poster on it is not allowed, then what is the preferred method, because I really don't think that it's in anyone's interest to tolerate fictional characters as members, do you?

If Ali Ababa can demonstrate to a moderator, via a qualified email address or in some other way, that's he's an Iraqi citizen, then I'll be happy to apologize for my mistake and I'll make a donation of US$50 to the International Red Crescent in his name.

http://donate.ifrc.org/
You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I'd point out that you have no proof of your accusation and his ability to disprove it may be limited by circumstances of which we are not aware -- or even no desire to respond which is his right. The owners and operators of this Board are entitled to establish rules as they wish and it behooves us who post here with their permission to heed those rules.

We'll have to differ on your first sentence, above. You correctly provided that all important caveat of "If." That's the point, it's not known and yet you accused.

You offer is generous but moot and no apology is required. While there are admittedly folks all over the internet using pseudonyms and providing false backgrounds, the position here is take posters at face value. If it's an overriding issue for you, you could send him a polite Private Message as an inquiry. Please address your comments on the open board to the comment made, not the individual who made it.

Thanks again and we should just move on.