Quote Originally Posted by MattC86 View Post
My wording was cynically-phrased perhaps, but no disrespect to any officer rank was intended.
Don't worry, I did not think that you were and we should be able to express our opinions as long as it is with respect. I was reading a piece on LTG Petraeus while he was still with the 101st. According to the piece he had started to pump money into the local economy via work programs when he suddenly realized that without an influx of additional goods, all he had done was initiate a cycle of rapid inflation. So, without authorization, he opened the border with Syria to bring in goods. I doubt there were many Generals who would have realized that Just so happens that LTG Petraeus' degree was in economics. So in many ways you are right. I just think that as if the S&R mission was taken seriously then the right people would recieve the training they need to become adept in the subject required.

Quote Originally Posted by MattC86 View Post
Maybe. Although wasn't the transition from V Corps to JTF-7 in 2003 that very idea?

Though I grant you JTF-7 was crippled by far larger problems than headquarters structure. . .

I'm sorry for kind of busting your ideas without any real answers of my own; I just don't have any that sound right.

Matt
Don't worry about that one. I often complain about things that just feel wrong. I can't put my finger on it, it just does. With time the reason you don't like it will either jell into a clear thought or you will realize that I was right. Of course, I perfer the later.