Quote Originally Posted by kaur View Post
PsJÄÄK Korte, you are writing that in Finnish organisation there are Apilas and LAW. Don't you intentend to replace those systems with NLAW? You have bought already approx 2000 pieces. I suspect that this is just beginning. The efficency of NLAW compensates to some limit the quantity of Apilas/LAW in structure. Can you speculate how this weapon will be located in structure? Will it be platoon level weapon?
Nlaw will replace 95 S 58-61 heavy recoilless rifles in addion to APILAS, not LAW. :D
To my knowledge there are no plans for LAW.
Also if NLAW is gradually replaces APILAS and "Blackie" on 1-on-1 rate. It will be located in this way:
Infantry platoon: one NLAW team with leader (NCO or private first class) and two gunners (private or private first class).
HQ-platoon of infantry company: NLAW squad made of two NLAW teams mentioned above. leader of one team is also squad leader.
HQ-company of regional battlegroup and type 90 jaeger battalion: platoon of three NLAW squads.
Also, because finnish terrain is so forested, TOW and SPIKE-MR squads have APILAS/NLAW team for close protection.
I hope my explanation is not confusing.