Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk View Post
Wilf Owen:

1. I must admit that I find the vision you propose of Javelin Teams attached to each Platoon HQ with their Surveillance Systems and all networked together to the Coy OC, to be quite intriguing. That is a concept pregnant with possibilities.

2. : it has been proposed that autocannons are a most usefull and effective main armament for IFVs; by contrast, Ken White and I regard that concept with some suspicion. We contend that the main purpose of the IFV is to get a full-size Infantry Squad or Section as close to its objective as practical, and that pretty much anything that detracts from that should be avoided. Of course, we single out the autocannon as such a detractor, as the internal space that it requires takes up a substantial amount of room that otherwise would seat more infantry.

Thoughts on this?
1. Well it'll be a long and painful pregnancy! That being said, Jav is doing such good work in Helmand, that we may see a change!

2. Agreed. As I said, I think MICVs are Recce Vehicles, or strange hybrids designed by committed. It's possible to have a 35mm or 40mm RWS. Rafael mounted a 35mm GIAT (Nexter) cannon on an old UK FV-432, and no great loss in internal volume. It was very far from perfect but it proved a point. I'd settle for an APC with a combined remote 7.62mm/40mm HV and Javelin/Spike station.