Quote Originally Posted by Uboat509 View Post
Sorry about that, I know you weren't but that was the original concept of the thread and I was adressing that. I do agree that having an elite formation organic to the divison would be a good thing, although apparently I did not articlulate that very well. I just don't think you could sell Big Army on the idea.
I do tend to wander off thread now and then -- I olde...

The prob, of course is in the one world you used. Elite. I didn't and I don't think Cav Guy meant for that Cav sqn to be that, elite, I mean -- just that it be well trained and equipped, no more. Almost all our current equipment is designed to be multipurpose, thus the designs are compromised significantly to try to make everybody happy.

However, seen as 'elite' it would be an for whatever reason and a lot of people just flat hate anyone or anything that even smells a little different. Dumb.

Can't see it myself; lot of folks smarter than I am, a lot with more money, better character -- but while I applaud their gains on me, I don't think they're one bit more elite than I happen to be. Jealousy is stupid.