Thread: Life as a British housewife in Baghdad

Default Life as a British housewife in Baghdad

Julie moved from Sheffield to Baghdad in 1993. She and her Iraqi husband, their four children and extended family have remained there through all the troubles, from sanctions to war. This is her story.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/7127466.stm

Default Key quote...

They need to start putting society back together - from the bottom up.
    It seems that a national reconciliation may be out of the question or a long time coming. Hopefully local efforts will move forward and push aside the Iraqi government's lack of will and vision.

Yea, I know that may sound like asking for too much, but it is Christmas Eve and peace on earth is what it is all about. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SWJED View Post
    Yea, I know that may sound like asking for too much, but it is Christmas Eve and peace on earth is what it is all about. Isn't it?
    God gave us soldiers to provide the illusion of peace on earth in the absence of the wisdom of mans own leaders to get along in any other way.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Council Member

Exclamation

Hi!
    In my opinion, this isn't subject to this blog!
    Respectfully,
    George