Here's a very interesting report written by the CIA regarding Arab reasoning relating to the idea of objective truth. Here's a sample:

"George Washington, American children are told, having cut down his father's favorite cherry tree, showed his sterling character by confessing to the deed. An Arab hearing this story not only fails to see the moral beauty of such behavior but wonders why anyone would ever compromise his integrity by admitting thus his guilt. As to Washington's explanation that "I cannot tell a lie," the Arab asks how a man could rise to the presidency if he were not suave enough to use a wellconcocted falsehood as a tactic in emergency behavior. "

I was reading through some CIA reports and thought some of you may find this report useful, or at least, somewhat interesting? While we never want to stereotype or become deterministic in our analysis of different cultures/ethnicities, I do feel there may be something to this authors' analysis. Those of you who have either been to, or are currently in Iraq(or an Arab region), may have noticed these characteristics yourself? Please check out this report, as this information may be of use to you. Anyone else who's interested in issues of cultural cognition may like this report as well? Maybe we can discuss it? Link below:

https://www.cia.gov/library/center-f...3a05p_0001.htm