Quote Originally Posted by bourbon View Post
For sale: West’s deadly nuclear secrets. The Sunday Times (London), January 6, 2008.

Sibel Edmonds is subject to a gag order under the State Secrets Privilege, which I believe she just broke. The gag was invoked when she was subpoenaed in a 9/11 civil suit and for her wrongful termination suit against the DoJ. Edmonds alleged in her personal suit that her termination was a result of her whistleblowing on allegations of misconduct by individuals employed in the FBI’s Language Services Section. A DoJ OIG review vindicated some of her complaints.

Note that Turkish nationals Gunes Cire, director of ETI Elektroteknik and Selim Alguadis, President of EKA Elektronik, were found to supply centrifuge components to the AQ Khan network. Further note the 2004 Department of Commerce sting operation involving export controlled triggered spark gaps. (See: Asher Karni Case Shows Weakness in Nuclear Export Controls, INSTITUTE FOR SCIENCE AND INTERNATIONAL SECURITY, September 8, 2004.)
I have a few problems with this story. One is the sensationalist way that it was reported with little regard for facts, and the other is that the whistleblower is the sole source for everything in it. If her evidence was solid, somebody on the Congressional committee that heard her testimony would have taken action. That nothing has been done suggests to me that she probably couldn't prove a lot of what she was alledging.