Thread: The Advisory or Advisor Challenge

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for the feedback all. OPs 18 and 19 along with the MATA handbook are part of the JCISFA CD we hand out/take with us as part of our takeaway package. Right now there is some discussion about a short tasker for creating an Advisor Handbook (think Ranger Handbook format) and I wanted to see if the community has anything already established. We are working with Fort Riley, Phoenix Academy in Iraq and some organizations to gather the materials to get this knocked out. Thanks for the advice.

Jimbo, that's a big negative. I've been knocking things off the current reading list since I figure things won't change that much. Plus I found out I'm doing the KSU piece so my list may be different (or more!) than the standard reading list.

Council Member

Sully,

Shoot me a PM with some contact info, I need to bounce something off of you tomorrow. What is the KSU thing??? Hell, Sully, I am even looking for the old reading list. Thanks.

Jim

Default I know this thread is old...

Sully, I don't know of any consolidated handbook besides the CALL ones, but there definitely needs to be one. I've been at this MTT thing for a month now and so much of our training, way more than I thought, was pure BS. I'd definitely like to see a product if anything comes of it.

Hi Xenophon,

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
    Sully, I don't know of any consolidated handbook besides the CALL ones, but there definitely needs to be one. I've been at this MTT thing for a month now and so much of our training, way more than I thought, was pure BS. I'd definitely like to see a product if anything comes of it.
    "Pure BS"? Darn, that's harsh! What are the BS areas? Maybe we can look at trying to see if we can get a special issue of SWJ together to cover some of them.

Marc
    Sic Bisquitus Disintegrat...
    Marc W.D. Tyrrell, Ph.D.
    Institute of Interdisciplinary Studies,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    The Canadian Centre for Intelligence and Security Studies, NPSIA
    Carleton University
    http://marctyrrell.com/

Default Help on the Way

There's a semi-official/unofficial handbook on the way right now. LTC Nagl is heading up the effort using a bunch of former MiTT's here at Leavenworth to write the guide. First draft should be done this month with a goal to get it out this quarter.

Still in rough copy status right now.

Officially, there is a multiservice TTP manual being run by the USMC and JCISFA that will also be published this year (most likely)
    "A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    Who is Cavguy?

Default Contact Old Eagle

JCiSFA has a handbook in print dated 1 August 2007; Old Eagle can help you get your hands on some.

Tom

Pure BS"? Darn, that's harsh! What are the BS areas? Maybe we can look at trying to see if we can get a special issue of SWJ together to cover some of them.
    Indeed, sir. Wrote a Gazette article and everything.