Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Member's Blog's and BB's to Date...

Default Our Member's Blog's and BB's to Date...

Hansmeister - Hans' News and Politics

Merv - Prairie Pundit

Myke - Pen & Sword

NDD - Professional Soldiers

SDSchippert - The Word Unheard

ZenPundit - ZenPunidit

As membership grows we will add to this list and link to from the main SWJ site...
    Last edited by SWJED; 10-14-2005 at 12:51 AM.

You misspelled my blog, I'm not Chinese.

Default There you go...

all fixed now.

Default One more...

aktarian is a moderator on the Historic Battles BB.

Default Cryptonym

It's in it's incipient phase, so please judge ye not too harshly,lol.

http://notionalagent.blogspot.com
    Qui audet adipiscitur

Default The Irregulars

A discussion group I started sometime ago before I knew of the existence of this group: The Irregulars.

It would be great to have some of you join there and help spice up the discussions over there. Extremely opinionated people are especially welcome
    Mark
    Discuss at: The Irregulars Visit at: UW Review
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G. K. Chesterton

Default "Dangerously Idealistic and Crack Smoking Stupid"

Default Captain's Journal

Danny's blog - Captain's Journal.

Default Mountain Runner...

Mountain Runner by SWC member mountainrunner.

Commentary and observations on public diplomacy, counter-insurgency and small wars, civil-military relations, private military force, and other fun stuff...

Council Member

My old blog I'm slowly easing out of, Live From The FDNF
    and my new one Hidden Unities.

Default Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Beaver View Post
    My old blog I'm slowly easing out of, Live From The FDNF
    and my new one Hidden Unities.
    Eddie - FDNF has some very good stuff - will add Hidden Unities to the SWJ Blog Roll. I like your post Lt. Gen Mattis For PACOM - my choice too - except the Corps' loses a true warrior-scholar to the J world.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by SWJED View Post
    Eddie - FDNF has some very good stuff - will add Hidden Unities to the SWJ Blog Roll. I like your post Lt. Gen Mattis For PACOM - my choice too - except the Corps' loses a true warrior-scholar to the J world.
    Thank you very much. I guess Lt. Gen Mattis is not nearly on the way out, so its doubtful he'd be picked for the post even if he was being considered as they are normally considered the last stop for the cream of the crop. I really think he'd be the best pick though, and he'd work miracles @ PACOM. Then on to SECDEF in 2012?

I'm glad you found some posts of utility at FDNF, my writing was all too often terrible at FDNF, a price to pay for sleep-deprived blogging underway way too many times.

Since blogging sites are now off-limits on the Navy network, I hope Hidden Unities benefits from more patient and thought-out posts.

Ah, a last thought; I have met some incredibly fierce and intelligent Marines so I think there will be quite a few following in Lt. Gen Mattis' footsteps.

Default I don't have a blog per se, but I do know how to write !

By no means a real blog, but a good article that took months to complete and with no sense of financial compensation for doing said.

What exactly is a blog if you don't get paid to do so and friends comment you to death once you have completed it ?

http://maic.jmu.edu/Journal/9.1/Focus/reber/reber.htm

I blog on many topics but most of the time the subject is 4GW/Irregular warfare...
    According to Stratiotes
    Mark
    Discuss at: The Irregulars Visit at: UW Review
    "The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." - G. K. Chesterton

Council Member

I have a blog: Politics & Soccer. The title describes the subject matter (after all, war is politics ). I recently posted a review of John Robb's Brave New War.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansmeister View Post
    I'm not Chinese.
    Just wait about ten years and we all will be.

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Beaver View Post
    Then on to SECDEF in 2012?
    Just figured I'd poke at this one - there's actually a rule somewhere in the US Code saying that you have to have been off active duty for 10 years before you can become SECDEF.

No idea how reserve service is counted.

Quote Originally Posted by Penta View Post
    Just figured I'd poke at this one - there's actually a rule somewhere in the US Code saying that you have to have been off active duty for 10 years before you can become SECDEF.

No idea how reserve service is counted.
    Not only that, but I don't think we'll ever see a retired flag officer as SECDEF. It just raises too many hackles in Congress about civilian control of the military.

Council Member

What about a reserve/retired O6?

More relevantly to the topic. I am the new moderator behind the TIME (must remember to cap that, must remember to cap that...) Opinion Leaders blog. The point is to get people on the panels to keep coming back so they take the surveys - an online community usually gets you better response rates (and higher-quality data) than a simple online panel.

(And since I'm off the clock...Unfortunately, my predecessor and immediate supervisor didn't moderate the thing, really, except for foul language. He didn't post regularly, either. Thus, the level of bile is high, and the atmosphere is poisonous. I'm wondering whether I should just forget trying to make it a place for thoughtful, intelligent debate. Those above me could care less, but this is something of "pride of workmanship" for me.)

Quote Originally Posted by Penta View Post
    What about a reserve/retired O6?

More relevantly to the topic. I am the new moderator behind the TIME (must remember to cap that, must remember to cap that...) Opinion Leaders blog. The point is to get people on the panels to keep coming back so they take the surveys - an online community usually gets you better response rates (and higher-quality data) than a simple online panel.

(And since I'm off the clock...Unfortunately, my predecessor and immediate supervisor didn't moderate the thing, really, except for foul language. He didn't post regularly, either. Thus, the level of bile is high, and the atmosphere is poisonous. I'm wondering whether I should just forget trying to make it a place for thoughtful, intelligent debate. Those above me could care less, but this is something of "pride of workmanship" for me.)
    My suspicion is that would matter less. No real reason for it though. There was quite a bit of controversy when retired BG Thomas White became SECARMY. As it turned out, he was pretty darned good.