Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Member's Blog's and BB's to Date...

Council Member

Moved to its own site (from Chinese Defence Today Forum - the old one's still there and will continue to be updated) and reworked with a very new look and some new features; now at The Norfolk Blog.

I occasionally accidentally say something intelligent over at my own http://strayvoltage.blogspot.com

I try not to make it a habit.
    Brant
    Wargaming and Strategy Gaming at Armchair Dragoons
    Military news and views at GrogNews

“their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of ‘rights’… and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure.” Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers 1959

Play more wargames!

No promises on saying anything intellectually stimulating but I try to get a couple of Instruments of National Power issues posted here every week:

http://pyrenesperch.blogspot.com/
    "But the bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet withstanding, go out to meet it."

-Thucydides

A mild plug for my own blog, www.dirtywaterguy.blogspot.com

Many random thoughts.

Bossf51 has several...perhaps the most relevant is www.bossgettingeven.blogspot.com

It is kind of random but I will be putting some of my military stuff on there...it will also link you to my other blogs, too numerous to mention.

For more on me, check http://www.linkedin.com/profile?view...70&trk=tab_pro

Carry on folks..."I shall return," "Fire when ready, Gridley," "Heckuva Job, Brownie" Three great military quotz.
    Last edited by Jedburgh; 07-08-2009 at 02:17 PM.

Default Not a good plan.

If you have a comment, you're welcome to make it here, of course...

I'd recommend not using this forum as a traffic builder for elsewhere.

http://www.grognews.com

we've got a new site up and running to mix and match current defense/security news with some (forthcoming) news about how gaming relates to the current events. We've also got a variety of RSS feeds there to help keep people in the know (including SWJ, for our readers there who don't read over here).

We are not intending to be a game-news site, where we break headlines about upcming releases, or playtests, etc. But rather we want to discuss what games might help folks understand current events and play through them, while focusing on the news, and analysis.

Please give us a look and offer some feedback... This is a pretty new venture for us, so we're happy with comments
    Brant

“their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of ‘rights’… and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure.” Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers 1959

Play more wargames!

Council Member

My Blog, which at times looks at military matters, is Acre of Independence
    Last edited by Bob W.; 12-07-2008 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Image too big!, Insert hyperlink

Default CAC Blog

If you haven't already, I recommend you check out the CAC Blog:

http://usacac.leavenworth.army.mil/BLOG/

FWIW - if anyone wants a bit of IITSEC flavor, we've got a few pics/comments over at www.grognews.com

Picture quality isn't great - and the video was shot sideways - but I was working with my cell phone b/c I was told that 'real cameras' were limited to members of the press... and then saw a few thousands of them wandering around after I'd left mine at home.
    Brant

Play more wargames!

Founder and administrator of the World Affairs Board (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com).

I think there's a small degree of overlap between the memberships here and there.

Default Ironduke!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironduke View Post
    Founder and administrator of the World Affairs Board (http://www.worldaffairsboard.com).

I think there's a small degree of overlap between the memberships here and there.
    Hey man, welcome to SWC! There are a few of us over here. Shamus is on board now. Shek and S-2 are both here, as well.

You will enjoy it. Feel free to jump in...

-Osage18 (WAB)
    Last edited by jkm_101_fso; 12-21-2008 at 06:14 PM.
    Sir, what the hell are we doing?

Council Member

Yours truly has a new blog called Bellum, a new media project of The Stanford Review. Geopolitics, defense, intelligence, logistics...See interviews with Brian McAllister Linn and Jeffrey Record.

http://bellum.stanfordreview.org

Tristan

Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by TristanAbbey View Post
    Yours truly has a new blog called Bellum, a new media project of The Stanford Review. Geopolitics, defense, intelligence, logistics...See interviews with Brian McAllister Linn and Jeffrey Record.

http://bellum.stanfordreview.org

Tristan
    Tristan:

Excellent blog!

On your post on Iranian nuclear "points of no return," I pretty much decided that particular horse had left that particular barn when I was leafing through a graduate prospective of a local university in Tehran a while back, and noted they were already running a MSc programme in nuclear enrichment and fuel cycle management...
    They mostly come at night. Mostly.

Against my better judgment, I accepted a request to guestblog over at ATTACKERMAN this week while he's on vacation. Wish me luck.
    "A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    Who is Cavguy?

Quote Originally Posted by Cavguy View Post
    Against my better judgment, I accepted a request to guestblog over at ATTACKERMAN this week while he's on vacation. Wish me luck.
    Punk Rock and Real Talk is part of their banner headline, cowa bunga dude, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    Punk Rock and Real Talk is part of their banner headline, cowa bunga dude, good luck.
    Spencer Ackerman reports national security for the Washington Independent, he's done a ten part series on COIN, one of which he did on my center. We met and have stayed in contact.

He's a little edgy, but for that reason he actually has a pretty well followed national security blog.

As my first post suggests, that I even have the option is a big change for the Army.
    "A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge."- Oddball, Kelly's Heroes
    Who is Cavguy?

Cavguy, I agree edgey is often good....he just needs some country and western to balance things out

Council Member

Default www.onviolence.com

To the SWJ community: My brother and I started a blog on counter-insurgency, foreign policy and military affairs.

www.onviolence.com

Thanks.

COIN, military affairs and the rest, seen from a vaguely legal and less vaguely Boydian perspective: Patterns of Conflict

Council Member

Well, since this thread asks the question...

Schmedlap.com