Thread: Hand-to-hand in combat

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by sullygoarmy View Post
    Good point Ken. It is amazing how many kids joining the military have never gotten into any sort of physical altercation. I'm a big believer in boxing and hand-to-hand training...enough to build your confidence that you can in fact, handle yourself and survive.

This is kind of a personal rant with me. Going to the ground was warned against in both Fairbarns and Applegates books some time ago. I never understood it myself...why would you want to be on the ground as a matter of choice??? especially since some of that stuff looks like it belongs in the don't ask don't tell part of the Army. I certainly never saw anything like that in Montgomery...the ones that were put on the ground tended to stay there for awhile and theyt didn't do any huggie buggie boo type moves either....more like Mike Tyson on acid.

Some of you will remember awhile back about a 72 year old Marine that beats up a pick pocket. Here are the actual security tapes of the incident from several different views. Some hand strikes, a couple of elbows and looks like he slipped a good knee strike in there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mafN9...eature=related