We did try connecting potential security elements in Kinshasa with folks in Goma, but it was a politically charged and sensitive issue that nobody seemed willing to engage in. Even with their Alphas on the line, they refused to take sound advice or employ adequate security.

Regards, Stan
Ultimately we succeeded for what it was worth, Stan. The CZSC was recruited directly from the DSP and it came with "advisors" at some of whom were Israeli.

I am fairly content that the CZSC helped keep the lid on security for the NGOs; I was and still am truly appalled angered that in the longer term, it's "success" was trumpeted by some as a working solution to the threat those camps represented.

Barnsley,

I don't have an average figure as I expect it varies from one extreme to the other. Abu Buckwheat on here has been an NGO security manager. I made it into Uganda a few times, twice on runs to Kamapala and a third to Queen E Park. And Stan and I made a loop through Kisoro counting Rwandan refugees while we were in Goma.

As for "Egos Without Borders," I know those guys quite well. They harshly criticize security forces until they themselves need them. Reminds one of Kipling's Tommy

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck him out, the brute!"
But it's "Saviour of 'is country," when the guns begin to shoot;
An' it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' anything you please;
But Tommy ain't a bloomin' fool - you bet that Tommy sees!
Best

Tom