Thread: Stryker collection (merged thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thornton View Post
    Sam - Tank and I were,... well talking about the optics in another regard, but - they are some outstanding optics.
    Oh! I thought you were talking about the fact that the thermal optics could effectively remove the clothes of any BAM or Suzy secretary walking through the area.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Well .... there is a point Sam where this will devolve into something better discussed at our "non-virtual" events. BTW - it looks like there is enuogh folks at Hood to stand up a chpater (lot sof lurkers there too).
    Best, Rob

How many folks from Hood are lurking on the board? I am realtivey new to this forum. I cannot believe I have not found this in the past. Quite a bit of intelligent discussion going. That is a refreshing change from the daily grind! Now, let's see how long I can last with people still thinking I know what I am talking about.

There are a couple of ways to get a feel for the SWC membership - you can check out the "Tell us about You" thread here, which will give folks a feel for who you are and for you to get a feel for the greater audience - this may prove very useful in about month - when you are elsewhere and find yourself in need of reachback, or are in a position to inform others about reality on the ground (this is also an important function here - and gets to our use of the "Information" terrain to contribute, inform the community writ large and defeat our adversaries. I found this forum while deployed and was able to leverage lots of experience in areas I would not otherwise have had access to - it was a critical enabler!

You acn also get an idea through some of theo other tools - and can clik on a member to find out if they have listed any other info - or just to PM thme - like you did me. There are also allot of folks who "lurk" - meaning they either don't post, don't sign on, or both - I've run into several folks who have met me "virtually", but I have not met them.

Recruit and refer good people where you can - as you said, "you can't beleive it took you so long". There are several good folks at Hood, or enroute to Hood who are here, and might be open to strengthening this network of folks who come here to inter-act, participate, self-educate, share and contribute.

Best, Rob

I posted a quick, non-cheesy bio on the Intro thread. I am in the drinking from the firehose mode at the minute. There is a lot of good info here. I am still taking everything it, but I can see the reach back capabilities already for when I am vacationing on the banks of the scenic Tigris and Euphrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thornton View Post

Recruit and refer good people where you can - as you said, "you can't beleive it took you so long". There are several good folks at Hood, or enroute to Hood who are here, and might be open to strengthening this network of folks who come here to inter-act, participate, self-educate, share and contribute.
    I'm @ Hood.
    "Law cannot limit what physics makes possible." Humanitarian Apsects of Airpower (papers of Frederick L. Anderson, Hoover Institution, Stanford University)