Quote Originally Posted by UrsaMaior View Post
You are right I should have written Iran instead of Am'jad. The fact it was shown all around the world which counts. And yes the reason why Darfur continues is that there are no videocameras not to mention mobilphones around. The are rumours of a NATO mission there for more than TWO years!! yet for lack of media coverage it is still not launched.
So what you are saying is that the media creates the political will to act. It did that in Victorian times.
Politically relevant. Not militarily effective.
I believe there are less and less solely military problems. Men with guns are a tactical problem not strategic so to say. Just like Taiko you seem think that force (pphysical or muilitary) has a solution to any problem. I am not so sure about it. You cannot bomb a stock exchange or trade center for acquiring a company of your no matter how sneaky methods they used.
There have never been any solely military problems. Taiko and I both read Clausewitz. We see the solution to force as being force, not force being the solution to every problem.
Acquiring a company is not military activity.
C'mon Wilf fashion is what you see everyday on the streets. War in our countries -even in Israel thank God- is less and less commonplace.
Fashion comes and goes. Currently there is a lull. So what?