Regardless of the means and manner of the release of this information, it highlights an important problem. Communication is not what it should be in the Department of Defense (DoD), and even on a larger scale within the government. The over-classification of materials is just one problem. This particular study is like many dozens, and perhaps hundreds of other things that was not discussed or implemented in the military.

Whether there is some hidden cabal (unlikely), personally self interested burying or bureaucratic inertia, this study and the information within it did not get circulated to the appropriate people, and has not entered into the discussions on the topic. I have not read the whole text yet, and I hope to be able to, but irrespective of what it may say, it surely has at least a single perspective which would add to the overall conversation about military strategy and planning.

I believe this to be a trend in our military and government. So much focus is placed on TTP's, and not enough is placed on strategy. There are seemingly thousands of organizations (CALL, COE's, ASWG, etc.) for the dissemination of Blue and Red TTP's, but war is not won by TTP's. War is a strategic venture, even a small war. Without comprehensive examination, and painful reformation, and in some cases formulation of strategy, we will not win.

It is no coincidence that we are largely successful at the tactical level (tragic casualties not withstanding), and in spite of our military might, have not yet been successful at the strategic level. Over-classification is an excuse. The bigger problem is few are talking no one is listening even when people are talking.