While not a PYSOP'er (I work for a living), I think the product has incredible potential if it is truly well received by the intended audience.

1. It appears to be culturally appropriate, so the audience "should" be receptive. The key is it is offensive in nature, so it puts the thugs/terrorists on the defensive with the audience they are trying to influence. We we are undermining their narrative and painting them as the bad guys (that shouldn't be too hard, but somehow until now we seemed to failed at this) to the locals they are trying to influence.

2. Cultural change won't happen overnight, no cultural change does, but combined with providing social structure changes (the government providing essential services) and providing adequate security measures for the population so the terrorists/thugs can't coerce them, then it should facilitate moving us in the right direction and further separating the thug/terrorist from the population.

This reminds me of a case study (sort of) that was either in the book "The Tipping Point" or "Freakonomics" where the KKK was significantly undermined by a cartoon or comic series that made the KKK look like the joke that they were. According to the author this popular comic/cartoon series caused kids to make fun of the KKK when they were playing, which Dad noticed, so Dad decided that being in the KKK was no longer really cool. All effects in this area are temporary, but apparently it seriously degraded the KKK.

If our allies around the world could help us change the narrative, so Al Qaeda Network's message is perceived as illegimate that would take the wind out of their sails, and then we could gradually dismantle the remaining network overtime, instead of trying to counter a rising tide. This must be the primary effort, using our lets deploy and kick their butt approach only helps feed their narrative that we are waging war against Islam. Take the wind out of their sails, then quietly finish off their hard core believers, then we can focus on other problems.

Of course the response is, "O.K. genius how do we do that"? I don't know, ask the PSYOPers, they don't have anything better to do.