Quote Originally Posted by William F. Owen View Post
Exactly. That's my point. I would submit "Combat Operations" and "Security Operations" - nothing to do with any supposed nature of conflict. Your/our conduct is what matters, not what the other clown is up to, or where or how he is up to it, because that will differ vastly.

Hi Wilf, you said something else on another post (and I can not find it)so I will paraphrase....so if I get it wrong it is my fault. You said something to the effect that we should not worry so much about the End State as we should just install a good Process and the End State will take care of itself.

Whenever you deal with living systems that is all you can do or should want to do....as long as we are alive there is no End only adaption. As long as the system is alive it will adapt and you have to be prepared for that from the beginning. Law Enforcement is a process to suppress crime, we cant, nor could we ever stop crime, because we are dealing with a living system that adapts. So as long as everyone is alive the End State can only be continuous improvement....always strive to maintain the initiative. If we do this we will find that situations will not be perfect but they will be better than before and that will be rather pleasant if we give it a chance to work.