Hi guys,
Hacksaw - not yet, but I'll start PTDY and transition leave next month - and then its on to a contractor or GS job at Knox The ACAP folks say using the word retired is bad, and that I should use the word transition. As I am still relative young and with 5 kids not yet in college, but all going to require braces, the word retirement seems at least another 20 years off. Around here though I've been occupied finishing up a white paper on institutionalization and a couple of other projects I don't want to leave undone before I start clearing.

OTT - I think over the last couple of years JCISFA has lived up to its charter (also available on the website). I don't see it going away anytime soon, COE's (Centers of Excellence) I think should be sustained until the purpose for which they were stood up is realized, or until something more pressing requires the use of those resources.

JCISFA is currently engaged in collecting, analyzing and distributing SFA best practices in both theaters and from those GCCs and SCCs involved in developing FSF capabilities for number of purposes. It continues to work with elements of the operating force, the generating force (to include the Joint Proponent SOCOM, and the Army proponent) and the executive direction to look at how to generate the capabilities and capacities required to meet operational requirements in the context of conditions and objectives. Its still about the same size as it was in 2006 - roughly 25, it still is Joint, and it is still at Fort Leavenworth.

If you'd like shoot me a PM with an email addy and I can send you the latest organizational brief. The website serves as a good repository for the guides, etc. that we've developed and the historical and contemporary references drawn from around the JIIM community.

If you are ever in the neighborhood, please stop by, the folks here are always happy to answer SFA related questions