Thread: Federal Restrictions on using U.S. MPs for law enforcement on foreign soil

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by John T. Fishel View Post
    nearly always SF in the FID role. The problem comes when there are not enough SF or the SF do not have the specialized skills required - or both. In that case, there was a concept from the 60s and 70s called the SAF - later modified to a FID Augmentation Force (FIDAF) that provides an appropriate organizational structure. Essentially, it would integrated SF and MPs for LE training sort of a modification of what was done by MILGP El Sal and the RC Cops in Panama. How this would be put together requires adapability and imagination.

Cheers

JohnT
    Absolutely agree. SF should do this mission with augmentation when they feel they need it. Unfortunately, that is not the current reality. If we are going to have to cut corners, I think I would prefer to do it with the forces best suited for the mission.
    "I can change almost anything ... but I can't change human nature."

Jon Osterman/Dr. Manhattan
    ---

Council Member

Default Agree

The only thing I would add is a couple of SF to the MP training team, if possible. That way the SF would be a training multiplier to paraphrase the common usage.

Council Member

Just one example, and it's Vietnam era information, but an interesting article none the less:

http://www.mrfa2.org/MP.htm
    "Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen." - Jeff Cooper