View Poll Results: Which entry page do you prefer?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I prefer the functional version (First Page)

3 37.50%
  • I prefer the site selection method (Second Page)

4 50.00%
  • I don't like either, my suggestion is below.

1 12.50%

Thread: COIN.ARMY.MIL version 2.0 is active

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Registered User USA&USMC_COIN_Center's Avatar

Arrow COIN.ARMY.MIL version 2.0 is active

SWC Members,

After several months of hard work, we are ready to roll out version 2.0 of COIN.ARMY.MIL. The previous website was restricted behind the AKO firewall for security and public affairs reasons.

We now are maintaining three sites - a fully public informational site, and two restricted sites - one requiring DoD Common Access Card (CAC) authentication, and the legacy AKO site. The AKO site will likely eventually close once we can enable AKO sign-on to the CAC card site. For the meantime, we will keep all three open.

The public site is designed to provide basic information on our organization, upcoming events, and public activities. The restricted sites are designed for DoD members to find information collaborate on an unclassified level.

The purpose of the restricted sites is to act as a gateway to COIN products, information, and organizations we deem critical. It does not seek to replicate work already performed by other systems such as CALL, BCKS, or other organizations. Hopefully, it's a reference for a busy individual looking for the most relevant COIN info, and our seminar products.

To that end, we need a lot of help. We're a small team maintaining the site in-between meetings - so if you have a contribution or improvement, please email us via the contact information at http://coin.army.mil.

We have designed two competing pages to help provide access to the information. We have received positive and negative feedback on both, and wanted to pose the question to the community.

Front page #1 contains a functional breakdown of COIN information. It is based on the KM concept that you do not care what site it's on, you just want the info.

Front page #2 breaks it down by site - outlining the various sites we run.

Let us know which one is most useful in the poll above. We hope to continuously improve and add content as the site continues to evolve. Your comment and feedback is appreciated either here or via our sites.

Thanks,

Major Niel Smith
    Operations Officer
    USA and USMC Counterinsurgency Center, Fort Leavenworth, Kansas
    Part of the Army’s Combined Arms Center
    Last edited by USA&USMC_COIN_Center; 03-11-2008 at 07:02 PM.