Quote Originally Posted by Rank amateur View Post
On the other hand, when a bunch of narco terrorists take over a remote town, a single platoon might be able to restore stability quickly and all government functions can return in a very short period of time. (Showing past examples is much easier than writing a predictive theory, but that's the direction I'm heading down.)
So, I have a question.

How does this model fit when the "terrorist" organization isn't ideology bound, but the result of corporatism?

Religious ideology as root of terrorism and war is only supplanted by war in the ever present battle for profit. What happens when the insurgency is the result of corporatism like Shell Oil being attacked in a proxy war by Standard Oil? What happens when the battle is selective termination of key players on the South Eastern Asia Continent plantations by rival crop producers? As the scope expands historical examples such as the East Indian Trading Company preying on other smaller companies.

The reason I ask isn't that I think this is the "big" deal of the future, but I've read several articles (Economist, ARS, CSIS, a few others) recently pointing out that companies have full on intelligence capability, basically small armies, and have recreated most of the tools of governance.

Then that begs the questions are the tools and strategies (models) being created capable of being used in a corporate warfare environment?