Thread: Latin American Drugs & links

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Or our accursed

arrogance...

Council Member

Default "Arrogance and

stupidity, all rolled into one! How efficient of [us]." Amb Londo Mollari, Babylon 5.

Default The Comancheros Are Coming

Music for the revolution 1961 The Comancheros by Claude King, John Wayne starred in the Movie a most excellent Gang/COIN Movie by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC2gT...eature=related

Trailer from the movie..pay attention to the part about a Secret Society!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMR9L...eature=related
    Last edited by slapout9; 06-19-2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: add good stuff

Council Member

WWICS Mexico Institute, 17 May 10:

Drug Trafficking Organizations in Central America: Transportistas, Mexican Cartels and Maras
    ...This chapter is about drug trafficking organizations (DTO) operating in Central America. It is broken down by theme rather than by country. It provides a brief history of DTO activity in the region; descriptions of who operates the DTOs, both locally and internationally, and their modus operandi; the use of street gangs in DTO activities; DTO penetration in government and security forces; local, regional and international efforts and challenges as they try and combat DTOs. The chapter is centered on the three countries where the problem of DTOs appears to be the most acute: Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras.....

The one wing of Mara's MS-13, as news and other reports publicized above show, are a big issue in terms of crime in my hometown of Washington DC. As I have also seen on the nightly news and in newspapers for myself.

Now one aspect of the Mara's I would like to know more about, is their relationship to the various drug wars south of the border, especially those centering on Mexico. In addition to who they are allied with and who they oppose, what other forces maybe supporting the Mara's etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin23 View Post
    Now one aspect of the Mara's I would like to know more about, is their relationship to the various drug wars south of the border, especially those centering on Mexico. In addition to who they are allied with and who they oppose, what other forces maybe supporting the Mara's etc?
    There were several reports in 2006 that the Sinaloa Cartel had brought in MS-13 as hired muscle and to serve as low level enforcers, but there hasn’t been much since then. I think MS-13’s role in the Mexican cartel wars is likely to be minor or a supporting role, if at all.