Thread: Latin American Drugs & links

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by carl View Post
    Young girls of that age are minor children, in the custody of their parents. There would probably be some legal difficulties there.
    Let's say at the age of 16 I shoot someone, does my minor status prevent the government from jailing and punishing me?

It was done in the past by the Americans, and it was done without government intervention. The difficulties you mentioned were overcome and group behavior was radically changed in just 2 decades. If they could do it, we can do it.
    Ability to do something and likeliness to do it are two entirely different things.

We just have to make up our minds to do it. I would suggest a first step would be to stop looking at users with so much sympathy. People like sympathy. If users were widely viewed as weak, stupid and shamed for being unable to fulfill their responsibilities toward man and God, that would help.
    Users are almost always compensating for profound emotional dysfunction caused by early childhood trauma. If we had more stable family units, this might be a reasonable approach, but we don't. Now we have to treat victimization.

IntelTrooper, I wish not to offend you but what you propose is monstrous. To implement you suggestion would require a cultural change so profound that it would be far more destructive to our way of life than the thing you are trying to control.
    I'm not offended.

But mark my words, this situation will not improve unless we enact some kind of policy like this.
    Last edited by IntelTrooper; 01-24-2011 at 10:19 PM.
    "The status quo is not sustainable. All of DoD needs to be placed in a large bag and thoroughly shaken. Bureaucracy and micromanagement kill."
    -- Ken White

"With a plan this complex, nothing can go wrong." -- Schmedlap

"We are unlikely to usefully replicate the insights those unencumbered by a military staff college education might actually have." -- William F. Owen