Thread: The Emerging "Neocon" Alibi on Iraq

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This whole process is both nauseating--it sickens me that people like Perle and Feith without the slightest shred of honor or integrity shape our nation's policy--and almost humorous as both spin like dervishes to absolve the people who most shaped the decision: the President, the Vice President, and the Secretary of Defense.
    Funny Gian G and I talked about this several months ago on here in a thread I could not find

It is much like being a sociopath, Steve, as they define anything they do as good for the country because they are the country--at least what is important in the country.

Best

Tom

Default Cause and effect

One of the underlying problems in the Middle East is a culture that has no innate grasp of cause and effect.
    As in- "I was smoking a cigarette and pumping gas, the Allah (pbuh) caused an explosion".

Here, we take it the to the step after intellectual enlightenment and rationalize cause and effect, multiplying causes to match our world view.
    As in- "The big tobacco industry has pressured me into smoking while the medical establishment failed to educate me adequately on the risks. The Oil corporations have simultaneously monopolized our automotive industry and destroyed our public transportation system, while allowing the retail gas industry to transition to fundamentally unsafe 'Self-Serve' gas pumps."

It doesn't change the fact that the guy who blew himself up at the gas pump was so self-serving and self-absorbed that he couldn't be bothered to put out the cigarette first.

And both of them were unwilling to accept personal responsibility for their actions.

Council Member

Default Lol

Van--

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read!!!!!

JohnT