Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Effects Based Operations (EBO) - is it valid?

Default Yea...

Quote Originally Posted by Cavguy View Post
    Just curious, something preventing him from establishing a SWC ID and joining in here? Was good enough for Kilcullen, Nagl, Vandergriff, Caldwell, etc...
    ... what's up with that? He is welcome here.
    Last edited by SWJED; 04-12-2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Added a period.

Quote Originally Posted by SWJED View Post
    ... what's up with that? He is welcome here
    'Cause if he does not like what we say he can ban us

To all. I don't know that he want join!! But since he started his blog and is discussing some of the things we are talking about here he has openly ask (on his blog) for some responses especially about measurement of violence levels in Iraq,etc. I told him I would see if anyone here would post some questions. You can go to the blog page and see my post..I am the only slapout there that talks about the small wars council

Quote Originally Posted by Cavguy View Post
    Just curious, something preventing him from establishing a SWC ID and joining in here? Was good enough for Kilcullen, Nagl, Vandergriff, Caldwell, etc...
    Not saying this is his hang-up, mind, but some people do have issues dealing with the open environment of a message board as opposed to the total control one can have running a blog. Again, not saying this is him, but it has happened.
    "On the plains and mountains of the American West, the United States Army had once learned everything there was to learn about hit-and-run tactics and guerrilla warfare."
    T.R. Fehrenbach This Kind of War

Default HTT Results

Newsweek has an interesting article on the HTT's

http://www.newsweek.com/id/131752

But Fondacaro, whose program recently received an additional $120 million in funding, does not necessarily believe it was wrong to send over anthropologists with no background in the region. "Research methodologies are universal," he says. Interpreters help fill in the gaps. That he clings to this concept raises concern among people who want the program to succeed, including Thomas Johnson, an Afghan expert at the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, Calif. Johnson served in Afghanistan on a pilot Human Terrain team last year. A Pashto speaker, he spent much of his time there interviewing Afghans in their homes. "If you don't have a good knowledge of the actual country and language, all the methodology can go for naught," he says. Johnson was shocked to hear Human Terrain had received a huge funding increase while other military programs face cuts. He says it shows just how much faith Pentagon planners have in the idea that real experts can help America win the war in Iraq. If only someone would make the effort to find them.
    Sapere Aude