Thread: Getting past a Binary Perspective

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by slapout9 View Post
    When all 3 elements are present you can get some unusual and unexpected outcomes, such as the victim may unite with the attacker against the white night when it comes to the point where somebody is going to jail. Very probably has interesting connotations in respect to COIN operations. I will try and find some links.
    Did you ever get the training with the "hostile to police couple" where you use the "somebody is going to jail you all pick", and flip the triangle into a binary? I always worried about that as a training mechanism/strategy.
    Sam Liles
    Selil Blog
    Don't forget to duck Secret Squirrel
    The scholarship of teaching and learning results in equal hatred from latte leftists and cappuccino conservatives.
    All opinions are mine and may or may not reflect those of my employer depending on the chance it might affect funding, politics, or the setting of the sun. As such these are my opinions you can get your own.

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    Did you ever get the training with the "hostile to police couple" where you use the "somebody is going to jail you all pick", and flip the triangle into a binary? I always worried about that as a training mechanism/strategy.

Hi selil we did not use "you all pick "but we would arrest both and let the court figure it out.

John, Slap,
    Thanks for the references. John, that is a mighty expensive book - I'll have to wait on that one for awhile - even the used ones come up at $40. At my current pay grade I'll have to stick to the online articles.
    Best, Rob

Council Member

Default Rob, I'll bet you a beer

that the CARL has a copy,

Cheers

JohnT

Hi John,
    You know because I'm not here for school, I actually forgot about the incredible library here. I'll go in this week after I get back from Bliss (more interviews for a Case Study on SFA). I think I already owe you a beer - I just need to get out to "La Espada" to pay up Best, Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thornton View Post
    Hi John,
    You know because I'm not here for school, I actually forgot about the incredible library here. I'll go in this week after I get back from Bliss (more interviews for a Case Study on SFA). I think I already owe you a beer - I just need to get out to "La Espada" to pay up Best, Rob
    Hey Rob !
    There's a few freebies out there to get you started:

Mount Holyoke College
    Hans J. Morgenthau, Politics Among Nations: The Struggle for Power and Peace, Fifth Edition, Revised

...And the Swiss normally give the UN tons of freebies too
    UN Jobs...A Swiss Association

Regards, Stan
    If you want to blend in, take the bus

Council Member

Default If you come to the ranchito

I'll have the beer waiting - ice cold.

JohnT

Thumbs up Gotcha Covered Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Thornton View Post
    Hi John,
    Only one copy so I picked it up considering you were out right now.
    Get with me when your back. Also sent you an email about a couple of others I found.
    Any man can destroy that which is around him, The rare man is he who can find beauty even in the darkest hours

Cogitationis poenam nemo patitur

Ron, Many Thanks - I'll give you a call Th Aft.

Stan, thanks, good to hear from you.
    Best, Rob