Thread: Training for the Jihad (merged thread)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by SoiCowboy View Post
    No, I'm glad for your input.

Was the Mets stats just for England or worldwide? Are they classified?
    The materials we have are marked FOUO, but I only have paper versions as they could not legally send us e-versions. The book's about 7 inches of paper. The training we performed together was mostly post blast and anti-terrorism. The stats were collected together with NATO and other LEs and are world-wide figures.

I was under the impression that ANFO is fine as long as the blasting cap and booster were kept separately from the main device and only assembled on site.

Of course if you have it all rigged together ready to go I can see how an electric current would detonate it.
    Actually, even high grade ANFO will not explode with just a detonator (a bit stronger version of the movie favorites 'blasting cap"), and you will also need a good primary explosive source (like TNT) (booster as you put it) to create the "explosive train". You're right, better assemble things on site or those pesky ESDs will get ya

Do you need any special knowledge to detonate C4 beyond needing a detonator and booster?
    Nope, almost none at all. You can even take a piece and light it with a match, heat your rations, or throw it in a fire and just watch it burn. But, don't go stompin' out the fire or hit it with a hammer

No primary explosive is needed - just a good detonator - carefully push it into the C4 (or make a hole like the detonator wells on Claymores), apply 9 to 12 VDC (Ooops, forgot, get far away first and use plenty of WD1 wire), and there you go.

C4 unlike in the movies is not the high explosive most would think, it's only about 1,3 times stronger than commercial grade TNT. It is however the military's favorite, as you can do just about anything with it and it won't detonate (save putting a detonator in it).

Council Member

Thumbs up

Would it be fair to say that ANFO is the bomb of choice for beginner bombers and truck bombers?

I'm going to go away and read up more now. Thanks again.

Would it be fair to say that ANFO is the bomb of choice for beginner bombers and truck bombers?

I'm going to go away and read up more now. Thanks again.
    In short, yes, the vehicle borne ANFO IED is still the choice for young terrorists, but it’s growing harder to make something of sufficient size (tractor-trailer) and not attract attention buying tons of fertilers, etc.

Secondly, the terrorist must be able to negotiate the beheamoth through town safely in order to reach his target. In my warped opinion, if you set the skills bar too high, the bubba may begin to wonder why he’s going to meet his maker

As I recall, the first ANFO IED was a mere accidental creation of the IRA in the early 70s. We would later learn that the new generation of car bombers were coincidently all graduates of CIA and/or Pakistani Intelligence schools. Some say the Saudis financed the Mujahedin trainees who later would terrorize the Russians in Kabul.

Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time

There some good reading out there that may just surprise you (well before the internet):

You have shown no pity to us! We will do likewise. We will dynamite you!
    Anarchist warning (1919)
    Buda's Wagon (1920)

Preliminary Detonations (1948-63), "Reds' Time Bombs Rip Saigon Center".

Regards, Stan